If you have been reading here awhile you know I am a great admirer of childrens celebrated author/illustrator Tasha Tudor. On August 28th 2012 Tasha would have been 97 years old, had she lived. She has been gone for four years now, but still lives in the hearts and minds of those who loved and admired her.
The lovely Clarice from StoryBook Woods and I, have hosted a Tasha Tudor Day for a few years now. Would you like to join us? All you need to do is leave a comment on either her blog or mine telling us how you celebrated Tasha Tudor Day 2012. Here at Blueberry Cottage there will be a giveaway of Tasha Tudor books for one fortunate winner.
Should you be new to the world of Tasha Tudor a little digging around the internet will fill you in quite nicely. Also, you may wish to visit my Tasha Tudor inspired posts under my categories on the right hand sidebar. Visit this link to my Tasha Tudor Day 2011. Here is the link to Tasha Tudor Day 2010, a personal favorite of mine. Please visit the Tudor family website for more information and some delicious recipes.
A few suggestions on how you, too, may care to celebrate Tasha Tudor Day 2012.
- make a fresh cut flower arrangement
- wear an old-fashioned frock
- bake a receipt from Tasha's cookbook
- make a lavender sachet
- watch Take Peace or Take Joy! (ebay and Amazon has the DVD format)
- take some time to create a watercolor
- spend time in the garden
- visit a farm with goats and chickens
- enjoy a picnic with a fresh watermelon!
- watch these videos on youtube
- sip tea outside with your favorite people
- snack on delectable elevenishes!
- pet a corgi!
Looking forward to visiting you and your Tasha Tudor inspired day!