I woke up this morning and found that overnight I had received 21 new emails, had three missed calls, two people I don't know are following me on Pinterest and three people are following me on Twitter, don't know them either. I have six facebook messages, nevermind a wall that I will never catch up with and several comments to answer on my blog. I perused my blog list and found nine blogs I follow posted new articles.
I have been out of bed for approximately one hour and already I have guilt. Yup, guilt.
- I am not sure I let God plan my family size properly.
- I am not a supermom.
- I am homeschooling all wrong.
- I am not discipling my children the way I should.
- I am not eating healthy enough.
- I am not cutting expenses enough.
- I might be living too well.
- I might not be sacrificing enough.
- I might not be ministering enough.
I just can't keep up, I am drowning in social media. It is robbing me of time, precious time. I mean please tell me how a woman can be wife, mother, manage a home, blog, tweet, pin, FB, set up linky parties, travel for speaking engagements, write books/articles and be sane at the end of a day or week. I suspect they are not doing a great job. So why do I feel guilty? Do you? How do you all handle this over abundance of social media--inquiring minds want to know!